Recycle electronics, shred personal documents and dispose of paint at Anthem’s semi-annual Go Green event. You must show proof of Anthem residency in order participate. Limits: five banker-sized/computer paper boxes per person; five gallons total of paint per car.
When: 8 a.m–noon, April 22, 2016
Where: Anthem Community Park (lower parking lot)
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
Vehicles must be in line by noon to participate. Enter the lower lot from Freedom Way to Whitman Drive.
- Paint Latex and water-based paint, up to five gallons
- Medications Bottled prescription and non-prescription drugs (collected by MCSO).
- Computer Equipment PCs, laptops, CRT monitors, modems, switches, hubs and routers, storage devices, main frames, servers, power supplies, tape libraries, circuit boards, power cords, printers, wire and cabling, surplus metals, mice, keyboards, hard drives, floppy, DVD and CD drives, etc.
- Point of Sale Equipment Credit card machines, printers, scanners, etc.
- Telecom Equipment Telephones, cell phones, switches, CSU/DSU multiplexing equipment, phone systems, answering systems, etc.
- Printing Equipment Printers, fax machines and copiers, calculators, typewriters and printer cartridges.
- Audio/Visual Equipment Televisions, stereos, radios, amplifiers, projectors, satellite and cable equipment, video equipment, VCRs, CD players, video game equipment, surveillance equipment, cameras, broadcasting equipment, communications equipment, etc.
- Batteries Alkaline, nickel cadmium, lead acid, lithium, etc.
- Electronic Components Capacitors, diodes, resistors, transistors and integrated circuits, etc.
- Miscellaneous Electronic Items Test equipment, lab equipment, medical equipment (no radioactivity), cables and wire, connectors, ballasts, batteries, power strips, etc.
- Small Household Appliances Toasters, blenders, etc. Note: Microwaves and items containing Freon will not be accepted.
- Bulk materials (i.e. cardboard, furniture, mattresses, panes of glass, etc.), excluding yard waste.
- Additional items that will be accepted include surplus metals, wire and cable (aluminum, copper wire, etc.), CFLs and other fluorescent bulbs.
The next Go Green event is scheduled for Fall 2017.